A good WordPress theme offers not only mobility and rich features but it also plays a crucial role when it comes to SEO and website security matters.
If you are looking for a great WordPress theme, you don’t have to look any further as Genesis framework and Genesis child themes are already a household name when it comes to premium WordPress themes.
StudioPress (the company behind Genesis framework) offers more than 40 breath-taking, eye-catching and mouth-watering themes. With over 96,000 website owners using Genesis themes, I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t.
Before we choose Genesis or it’s child themes, we got to know what is Genesis all about right?
So, what is Genesis framework all about?
1. Genesis framework and child themes are search engine friendly – This means that every child themes are SEO ready out of the box. All you need to do is to choose the right child theme to work with and you are basically ‘ready for battle’.
2. Great looking turn key designs – This means that changing the looks of your website is extremely easy and you don’t need a designer or developer to do it. Change it every day or week, the choice is in your hands.
3. Genesis gives you unlimited everything – Unlike any other premium WordPress themes, there is no such thing as ‘Developer Option’ for Genesis. This means that all you need is to pay once and you get unlimited support plus updates … for life.
4. State-of-the-art security features – With thousand of websites being hacked yearly, you need to know that your websites are secure … and Genesis can offer you that. With Mark Jaquith, the security expert and core WordPress developer working closely with StudioPress, you know that you are in good hands.
5. Hassle free and instant upgrade – Forget about calling your developer or webmaster to perform the upgrades as with Genesis framework and child themes, you can easily update them with just a few clicks of the button.
6. Customizing Genesis themes are incredibly easy – From auto-sizing images to advertising ready, the guys behind StudioPress had thought about them. All you need to do is to spend an hour or so in customizing your own child themes and NOT a few hundred dollars for hiring web developers to do the customizations for you.
7. Custom widgets and layout options – Need some customized widgets and layouts for different pages? It is easily doable when it comes to Genesis framework and its child themes.
8. Availability of trustworthy Genesis developers – Let’s say you still need help and want to build your own custom theme. Well, there’s a truckload of skilled and trusted Genesis developers at your disposal.
Now … take a moment and have a closer look at StudioPress’s theme gallery. I know you will be impressed!
Related article: Advantages Of Genesis 2.0 and How To Convert To HTML5?
Choosing the right Genesis child themes – How?
Welcome back! Glad you made it back here 🙂
When I first saw Genesis framework and its child themes, I was mesmerized and I had absolutely NO IDEA where to start.
If you are at the same spot with me right now, then you definitely got to read what I have to say below.
When it comes to deciding a Genesis child theme, you got to know a few basic information which are:
- What that your website is all about?
- The basic layout you are looking for?
- Minimalistic or colourful?
- Corporate or leisure?
For me, choosing the best Genesis child themes is actually easy as long as you know what you really want.
I have listed down several top child themes which I truly love and I classified them in a very logical manner which is … according to your niche.
What is your ‘type’?
1. Balance website themes between images and words:
Genesis child theme: Magazine
Genesis child theme: Metro
2. Business and corporate genres:
Genesis child theme: Agency
Genesis child theme: Corporate
Genesis child theme: Executive
3. General genres:
Genesis child theme: Blissful
Genesis child theme: Pretty Pictures
4. Photography genres:
Genesis child theme: Crystal
Genesis child theme: Landscape
5. Very specific genres:
Genesis child theme: Education
Genesis child theme: AgentPress
6. My personal favorites:
Genesis child theme: Eleven40
Genesis child theme: Focus
Genesis child theme: Going Green
Genesis child theme: Mindstream
Genesis child theme: Prose
Genesis child theme: Genesis Framework
Are you an outgoing and adventurous blogger?
It is no secret that I am extremely picky and choosy when it comes to choosing a theme.
And for those who know me, there is a tendency for me to change my website theme nearly every month.
Currently, I am using Genesis Sample child theme with some customization on this website (as you can see now) with the help of Genesis Extender Plugin.
Help! I still can’t find the right Genesis child theme that suits me!
With so many child themes, you are having a hard time to decide (plus getting a Pro Package for all child themes does not fit into your budget).
Don’t freak out and no fuss. I get it!
Have you ever thought of creating your own Genesis child themes instead?
If you are doubting your ability about creating a child theme, you shouldn’t.
I came across Dynamik Website Builder which offers more than 800 options to build your website theme from scratch.
So, what’s the catch?
You don’t need a type a single line of code … EVER!
The plugin is also highly recommended by StudioPress team (and myself since I have a copy of it).
If you are interested, check out my review on the Dynamik Website Builder here.
What do you think?
I hope you enjoyed reading and looking at the images here. Regardless how many times I see Genesis themes, I am still thrilled!
So, are you a Genesis user already? Share with me what you like about Genesis and do you have any favorite child themes using the comment form below.
Wait! You are NOT a Genesis user yet?
Take Genesis for a spin or have a look at StudioPress can offer by clicking the banner below. Don’t worry, no string attached and no obligations.