This post is going to be short and I think it is time to address something very important — website speed. Take a scroll on Facebook or Google and you will see thousands talking about website speed:
- How fast a website should load?
- How fast should a website respond to a request?
- How fast a website can be like when integrated with content delivery network (CDN)?
- And many more "website speed" matters
The truth is, you don't need a blazing fast website. Blazing fast websites is just for speed junkies who appreciate some show off and of course, personal satisfaction for a job well done.
What you really need is a website that loads under 3 seconds (1.5 seconds if you could) and you should be doing quite good already.
Now, what do you really need for your website? Here's a simple list:
- A good and reliable web hosting company (recommended are Kinsta and WP Engine)
- WordPress visual builder and Gutenberg (Elementor or Beaver Builder are great choices)
- Proper Google Analytics integrations (MonsterInsights plugin — hands down)
- Security plugin (Wordfence is a good choice for free plugin)
- SEO plugin (you can't go wrong with SEOPress)