Deciding between local web hosting vs international web hosting solutions? Read this article to have a better comparison!
Ultimate List Of Virtual Assistant Services
Welcome to the new age of gig economy—where working from home is now a full-fledge opportunity to earn money. But, there lies several big questions about virtual assistant services.
- You are curious about the type of services you can offer as a new virtual assistant?
- You want to add a new service to your existing menu of VA services (but not sure how)
- Or maybe, you want to pivot from specializing in a particular service to one that’s a better fit for you and the clients you want to attract?
Don't worry. I got you covered in this article. As a matter of fact, I'm 100% sure that you’re going to love this list of virtual assistant service ideas!
Who am I ... and am I qualified to share this information with you?
What Kind Of Virtual Assistant Services Do I Offer?
I first started the virtual assistant services in 2004, where I was still schooling and needed a few bucks to survive. Yes, I didn't want to count on my mom who is a single mother. So, I got to figure out myself, you know?
I started out as a content writer (because I love writing) and later pivoted to what I’m doing now, managing a digital marketing agency in Malaysia and working on my blog.
I was specialize in writing, there are other tasks and services that I do that I don’t even advertise.
For one, I still do various tasks for a couple of clients I’ve worked with from the very beginning. For example, search engine optimization and email marketing (EDM) at very affordable rates.
The other is blogging coach and I help bloggers to understand how I launch my blog from 0 to over 6-figure in just 12 months through my masterclasses.
And apart of everything, I am also doing website development where I build beautiful tiny websites under $500!
Small Business Ideas (That Don't Suck)
Want to start a side business this year? Here are some of the best small business ideas that you can start with no investment and knowledge.
What Kind Of Virtual Assistant Services Can You Offer?
I get a lot of questions from readers who wonder what type of services they could provide as a VA. The truth is, there are many VA services that you can offer—both conventional (popular and high in demand ones) and unique/rare (low demand ones).
“Unique or rare talents in virtual assistant will help you craft the perfect pricing structure—one which often very lucrative.”
- Reginald Chan -
In this article I’m listing tons VA services to choose from, some you may never have thought of!
Below you’ll find a long list of services to help you get inspired to create your own VA services. I even organized them into categories so it’s easier to look through. You’ll notice that some of the services overlap into other categories.
The Ultimate List Of Virtual Assistant Services 2020:
- Writing blog posts
- Writing ebooks, books, newsletters, email funnels, etc.
- Writing or editing audio or video transcriptions
- Writing social media posts for Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
- Editing & proofreading blog posts, books, websites, newsletters, recipes, etc.
- Email marketing
- Website and sales page copywriting
- Creating product descriptions for online shops like Shopify or Etsy
- Grant proposals
- Collecting/editing testimonials
- Letter writing
- Podcast scripting
“There are many business owners who want to create blog posts, courses, and ebooks, but don’t have the time. Providing a virtual assistance service by converting their thoughts into written format (and you’ve got yourself some valuable services)!”
- Customer service through email, chat, or phone
- Monitoring and responding to emails
- Organizing email inboxes
- Managing blog comments
- Managing social media comments
- Live webinar assistance
- Calendar maintenance
- Data entry
- Creating PowerPoint presentations
- Appointment setting
- Order fulfillment
- Ordering supplies
- Ordering, packaging, and sending gifts to clients
- Sending Thank You’s
- Writing job listings
- Arranging interviews
- Answering phone calls
- Re-purposing content (Example: turn a video into a written blog post or a blog post into a social media post)
- Taking meeting minutes
- Managing blog editorial calendars
- Client onboarding tasks like responding to emails and sending invoices and contracts
- Following up with leads/clients
- Guest post-screening
- Making travel arrangements
- Form preparation
- Packaging and shipping products and gifts
- Creating resumes
- Monitoring YouTube content
- Uploading YouTube videos
- Managing online communities
- Assisting with teleseminars
- Creating and updating SOPs
- Updating house or land listings for realtors
- Helping launch ebooks or programs
- Optimizing blog posts with images, linking to other blog posts, and adding CTAs (Call to Actions)
- Project management
- Event planning and management
- Giveaway management
- Organizing cloud files
- Organizing G-Drive/DropBox files
- Hiring and training new team members
- Personal shopping
- Brainstorming ideas for blog posts, products, etc.
- Business strategy
“Admin tasks are some of the most sought after services. Helping business owners with these everyday to-do’s allows them to free up their time and make more money. Very valuable!”
- Creating graphics for blog posts
- Photo editing
- Creating slides for webinars or workshops
- Designing business cards, flyers, logos, menus, signage, etc.
- Sourcing photos for blog posts, books, social media, etc.
- Creating social media graphics or pins
- Photography for websites and promotional materials
- Branding services
- Creating brand style guides
- Designing ebooks
- Designing printables for people to sell or promote their businesses
- Product design for on-demand shipping
TIP: Canva has tons of templates and it is easy to learn if you’re looking to make graphics. The Pro version is very affordable and has tons of great features like easy image resizing, transparent backgrounds, and millions of stock photos.
- Formatting blog posts
- Updating websites and plugins
- Website security and backups
- Website SEO
- Video editing
- Podcast editing
- Webinar setup
- Analytics reporting (Google Analytics, email, social media, etc)
- Setting up goals in Google Analytics
- Setting up UTM goals to track website traffic
- Setting up or migrating email lists to a new email service provider
- Setting up newsletter opt-in forms and sequences
- Setting up secure websites (https)
- Database creation and management
- Shopping cart installation/maintenance
- Podcast submission
- Web design/maintenance
- Creating surveys and online forms
- Troubleshooting, IT support
- Creating and managing affiliate programs
- Creating landing pages and squeeze pages
- Streamlining and automating systems
- Creating digital magazines
- File conversion
- Setting up spreadsheets
- Tracking and fixing broken links
- Ecourse creation
- Setting up membership sites
- Website coding
- Ad management
- Setting up digital product delivery
- Formatting ebooks
- Creating online quizzes
- Managing eCommerce sites
- Managing customer databases
- Creating and self-publishing books for authors
Social Media Marketing And Management
- Scheduling social media updates
- Designing social media graphics
- Creating and managing Pinterest accounts
- Creating and managing Promoted Pins
- Scheduling pins via Tailwind
- Creating and managing Facebook accounts
- Creating Facebook ads
- Managing Facebook groups
- Setting up and managing LinkedIn accounts
- Setting up and managing LinkedIn groups
- Creating social media polls
- Creating and managing Instagram posts
- Responding to social media messages
- Scheduling messages in ManyChat
- Researching speaking opportunities
- Researching guest post opportunities
- Researching and applying to affiliate marketing programs
- Researching programs and resources
- Travel research
- Event research
- Keyword research for Etsy, Pinterest, Google, etc.
- Vendor/printer research
- Joint venture research and follow up
- Product research
- Market research
- Software and program research
- Researching and condensing information
- Hashtag research
- Sponsorship research
- Researching and summarizing industry news
- Education research
- Researching LinkedIn groups
- Product price comparison
- Licensing research
- Patent research
- Researching publishers
- Running promotions
- Competition research
- Creating SWOT analysis
- Researching podcast guests
- Software research
- Solution research
- Managing payments and invoicing
- Processing orders and refunds
- Making collections calls
- Handling payroll
- Billing and invoices
- Pitching brands
- Setting up sales funnels
- Lead generation
- Creating press releases
- Marketing strategy
- Blog post promotion
- Ebook, course, and membership promotion
- Ad management
- Promoting live events
- Product launches
How To Use This List Of Virtual Assistant Services?
As you can see, there are tons of services you can offer as a VA. Doing one virtual assistant job may not be sufficient to earn a living. You can combine a bunch of related ones together and sell as a package of services, charge per project, or provide as an on-going monthly service.
If you find something that piques your interest, look into it more. If after your research you’re still interested, find out how you can learn the skills needed if you don’t have them already. You can learn from YouTube videos, Skillshare, books on Amazon, or courses you find online.
Don't forget, Udemy and Facebook Groups are excellent resources for you to learn something new every day!
Once you feel confident about offering these new skills as a service, consider beta testing it first to see if you still like it or if it needs to be tweaked a bit before sharing it with others.
Finally, it is important to understand that because you start out with one service as a VA, it doesn't mean that you are stuck with that service. You can change, amend or start over with more services at any time.
What do you think? If love you this ultimate list of virtual assistant services, please share this with your friends using the social media button below!