Top 10 Visual Composer for WordPress Websites
If you are an avid WordPress user like I do, you will agree that a beautiful website design helps to reduce bounce rate and get the right message out to your audience.
The process of creating stunning content and website design on WordPress oftentimes requires you to have at least some level of coding skills …
Or at least, you think you need coding skills for that.
The truth is, the usage of visual composer for WordPress allows you to create beautifully designed blog post, content or website designs without using a single line of code.
What is a visual composer?
Visual Composer is a powerful plugin that allows anyone to create an attractive site. But, the plugin itself can also be used by theme developers to speed up their design processes and leave their clients with a theme that’s easy to use. Source: Envato.
Should I use a visual composer in WordPress?
I get this question all the time.
The answer is simple.
No, you are not required to use a visual composer simply because visual composer is an addon that makes your life easier (imagine the hassle of creating landing pages with those messy codes).
It’s really hard to find someone who loves coding … seriously.
You should be using a visual composer if:
- You don’t want to spend the entire day trying to learn coding
- You have a hard time trying to understand desktop view versus mobile view
- You want to create beautiful WordPress websites by dragging and dropping elements into the right location
Visual composer in WordPress is also known as drag and drop website builders.
And if you are like me who loves the easy way, here are the top 10 visual composers in WordPress.
1. Thrive Architect
If you are looking for the best visual composer for WordPress, you are going to love Thrive Architect.
Previously known as Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Architect is an intuitive drag and drop website builder that helps you create high converting websites in just minutes.
What are the advantages using Thrive Architect?
- Fastest visual builder for WordPress with drag and drop editing
- Over 271 landing page templates to choose from
- No design or coding skills needed (like never ever)
- Pre-built conversion elements with conversion-focused elements
- Ready-made demos which you can instantly use to create homepage, landing pages and service pages in seconds
- Complete tools and options you need to build stunning sales pages
- Dozens of optimized landing pages to generate leads and build email list
- Features such as well formatted content, including things like highlight boxes, styled lists, images and other media, and click-to-tweet quotes help you get more traffic, eyeballs and lower bounce rate
- You can even create webinar pages and product launch pages using Thrive Architect
- Complete font customization
- Inbuilt with advanced, attention grabbing hover effects
- Ultra flexible text and columns
- Instantly preview your page on different screen sizes
And a zillion other advantages come packing under the Thrive Architect hood.
How much does Thrive Architect costs?
Thrive Architect costs $67 for a single website, 12 months of support and unlimited updates.
If you are looking to score for a bigger deal, there’s Thrive Membership that comes with unlimited usage for all Thrive themes and plugins at only $19 per month.
2. Divi Builder
If you are looking for a Thrive Architect alternative, Divi Builder comes really close to it.
Divi Builder is apart of the popular Divi by Elegant Themes.
There are many reasons Divi Builder is a great visual composer for WordPress and here are some of them:
- Build with the power of Divi Theme (we know how powerful and great Divi Theme is)
- Endless layout possibility
- Compatible with any WordPress theme
- 46 different content modules to build your perfect website
- Freedom to explore new and exciting layout using inbuilt visual composer
- Customize anything and everything under one roof (without coding skills)
- Availability of front end and back end editors on WordPress
- Complete layout spacing control
- Divi Builder Library to save unique layouts and site wide changes
What is Divi Builder pricing?
Divi Builder costs $89 per year that comes with unlimited usage of all themes and plugins offered by Elegant Themes. More importantly, there is no caps on how many websites you can install Divi Builder on (which is an excellent advantage for website developers).
There is also lifetime membership for a one-time payment of $249.
As a website developer, I got to admit that I love using Elementor as a visual composer.
Sure, I use Divi for most of my client’s website but Elementor is really that good too.
The first reason why I use Elementor is simply because Elementor is the only, full-functionable visual composer for WordPress.
Yes, you don’t have to pay a single cent for using Elementor and you can download Elementor right here.
Elementor comes in two forms; the free version and the paid version. Elementor’s Free version offers limitless design possibilities. Elementor Pro, however, empowers you with more professional tools that speed up your workflow, and allow you to get more conversions and sales.
If you are a blogger or a website owners who doesn’t need a whole lot of feature, Elementor’s free version is a great choice to start with.
If you are a website developer like me, going for Elementor Pro is a much better option with addtional features that are useable for your business.
Here are some of the features of Elementor visual composer for WordPress:
- All-in-one solution for web design
- Simple, powerful and flexible visual design
- Ability to build WordPress websites that loads faster and speed up the overall process of building websites
- Elementor is built for beginners, freelancers and agency level
- Pixel perfect design in WordPress with 100% clean code implementation
- Visual composer allows you to design forms visually and integrate them with your favorite marketing tools
- Elementor is an open source project (thus it is always updated with the latest version, new features and security patches
- Ability to design a blog, customize your online store and create stunning landing pages using a single dashboard visual composer plugin
- Elementor is a visual theme builder that allows you to customer everything, from header to footer without coding
- Over 80 design elements to create your perfectly designed WordPress website
- Integrate perfectly with any theme and plugin
Is Elementor really free?
Yes, Elementor is the only WordPress builder that is free to use for life. If you are a website developer, Elementor Pro is a better option and it costs $49 per year for one website.
Overall, Elementor is a very intuitive drag and drop website builder that is free and don’t sucks.
4. X Theme
I came across the X Theme by accident late in 2016 when I was searching for a WordPress visual composer to replace OptimizePress.
Disclaimer: Those day, OptimizePress (the previous persion) is like the only, old-school drag and drop builder that wasn’t intuitive.
As a matter of fact, I was introduced by Adam from Blogging Wizard, and he was quick in telling me to check out X Theme.
X Theme came into the market as a premium visual composer as there weren’t many in the market. More importantly, the features offered in X Theme was really good and fit my needs perfectly.
Now, there are so many updated and X Theme came up with even more features. Here are some of them:
- Dark mode for those who constantly work with computers (and want to reduce strain on eyes)
- Undo and redo in just a few clicks
- Dynamic inline editing allows you to create and edit text directly in the preview (making it a great WYSIWYG visual composer)
- Role manager allows you to control access between team members, clients, web developer etc.
- Customized workspace allows you to create any layout without coding skills
- Have direct control on all your settings under one roof and one tool
- Create global elements, save them and reuse them multiple times to create strong brand identity
- X Theme license comes with over 30 premium plugins including support (at no additional cost)
- One-click access to full-site demos including pages, images and content
How much is X Theme?
X Theme costs $59 for a single website and 6 months support. You don’t have to pay extra for the premium plugins included in it, which is a huge bonus.
All X Theme license comes with lifetime product update.
5. Beaver Builder
If you are looking to get a visual composer in WordPress and you happen to be a freelance web developer, you are going to find Beaver Builder a great option to start with.
The guys behind the Beaver Builder product calls it “WordPress Page Builder Plugin.”
Here’s the unique part of the Beaver Builder plugin — It is excellent for beginners to take control of their WordPress website and if you are a web developer, it is going to help you build responsive sites faster than ever.
So, what are the features in the Beaver Builder?
- Inbuilt with dozens of gorgeous page templates (which you can 1-click import)
- Beaver Builder’s front end drag and drop interface gives you total control over the layout of your pages
- Ability to separate your page builder from the theme and getting complete control of the content
- Proven track record with over 100,000 websites using Beaver Builder Theme
- Beaver Builder is a mobile friendly and responsive visual composer for WordPress
- Support for the popular WPML translation plugin has been baked into Beaver Builder’s core for international users.
- Beaver Builder plays great with WooCommerce
- Beaver Builder Pro & Agency packages both support multisite installs
- Ability to use shortcode and widget are huge bonuses
How much does Beaver Builder costs?
Beaver Builder plugin costs $99 for a single site with 1 year support. In terms of pricing, Beaver Builder is definitely on the higher end (even for the entry level).
I recommend using Beaver Builder only if you are a website developer as there are more cheaper visual composer alternatives for bloggers and website owners.
Finding for a pioneer visual composer?
Here’s what you need to know about OptimizePress.
If you are talking about the old OptimizePress (like back in 2016 and 2017), it sucks big time. As a matter of fact, I wouldn’t even recommend OptimziePress for those who wants to build beautiful websites.
Fast forward, the latest OptimziePress update slingshots it to the top 10 visual composer in the market today.
The reason is simple. The new and updated features of OptimizePress are so powerful and it helps you to transform your new business into a superb workforce.
So, this leads to one question.
How good is OptimizePress as a visual composer for WordPress?
Here are some of the features:
- Easily create landing pages and sales pages in just a few clicks
- Comes with a wide range of templates including blogs and membership sites capabilities
- Ability to create and launch complete sales funnels
- Easy to use webinar and event signup pages
- Spit testing enabled for landing pages
- Easy integration with many third party tools including CRM systems
- Customize everything under the roof without coding skills
- Build membership portals and deliver digital good and training using OptimizePress
- Crazy amount of templates for any types of layouts and niches (over 300 of them in the gallery)
- Drip feed content using inbuilt OptimizePress Member plugin
For me, it is clear that OptimizePress is a clear competitor when it comes to choosing the best visual composer plugin for WordPress.
How much is OptimizePress?
OptimizePress costs $97 (one-time fee) and use on 3 sites. The biggest difference between OptimizePress and other visual builders are the pricing.
OptimizePress is really affordable if you are looking for a top visual builder plugin that doesn’t sucks.
7. Visual Composer
Are you searching for the best Elementor alternative?
If you are, you are in for a treat.
Visual Composer is a cool front end WordPress editor that allows you to create beautiful landing pages and craft website designs on the fly.
Visual Composer has long been in the drag and drop WordPress editor industry. As a matter of fact, it had been integrated in many other premium themes such as X Theme (as one of paid addons).
So, what makes Visual Composer such as great option for bloggers and web developers?
- No coding required
- Design anything under the roof with the drag and drop website builder feature
- Easy to use interface helps beginners get started instantly (without feeling overwhelmed)
- Availability of professional templates
- Use content elements as building blogs for your website design (getting the Visual Composer paid version will unlock more choices)
- Responsive designs that Google loves
- Easily download different elements and make your design unique
- Excellent frontend editor experience (so you can preview the results at real time)
- Truckload of design options to choose from
- Adding custom content elements, CSS and API usage allows developers to take Visual Composer to new heights
Is Visual Composer the best front end editor for WordPress?
This is a tough question to answer as it depends on your specific needs. However, I am confident that Visual Composer is a great live editor for both bloggers and website developers.
Visual Composer comes with a free version and the paid version starts at $59 per year for a single website.
WPBakery is a WordPress page builder plugin used by 4,300,000+ website owners.
And they can’t be wrong, right?
The visual composer market is extremely competitive. As website owners, we are bombarded with hundreds of ads each day on the best tools to help craft the best website design. Ultimately, we are constantly looking for a front editor plugin that allows us to work on our client’s website fast and eliminating the coding work. This is where WPBakery comes into play — and we fell in love right after using it for the first time.
What are the advantages of using WPBakery?
- Inbuilt with intuitive front end and backend editor
- Compatible with most WordPress themes and plugins
- Get ready to build WordPress pages and page layouts with drag and drop interface without touching a single line of code
- Use built-in skin builder to tweak WPBakery Page Builder design options and elements styling, to make a perfect match with your brand identity
- Access premium class templates via online Template Library and build your pages in seconds (1-click installation/importing)
- WPBakery Page Builder is user and developer friendly with WPBakery API
- 40+ predefined grids to display posts, portfolio, and any other custom posts type or media in grid or masonry grid
- qTranslate, WPML compatibility
Of course, I can go on and on with how good WPBakery is as a visual composer …
But I’m sure you get the point.
How much does WPBakery costs?
WPBakery comes in two forms; free version and paid version.
WPBakery paid version starts at $45 for a single website and unlimited updates.
Side note: As a visual composer, WPBakery does a great job in terms of features and pricing.
I’m going to cheat a little.
LeadPages is not entirely a WordPress drag and drop builder, but it is an excellent visual composer for landing pages (that works perfectly well with any WordPress site).
The decision to include LeadPages into the top 10 visual composer is because I noticed the growing trends of website owners using third party tools to build landing pages.
And when it comes to building landing pages that converts, LeadPages is darn awesome.
Here are the advantages using LeadPages:
- Build landing pages out of your WordPress website (which reduce the server load)
- Publish unlimited landing pages in just a few clicks
- Over 150+ free page templates to choose from
- LeadPages advanced analytics allows you to optimize landing page with confidence
- Easily integrate with other marketing apps
- Works well with eCommerce and WordPress powered websites
- Easily A/B test to determine the best layout, design and call-to-action
- Mobile responsive
How much does LeadPages costs?
LeadPages starts at $25 per month (when you pay annually). If you are looking for LeadPages discount, consider going for 2-years upfront payment and 54% off LeadPages published rates.
I highly recommend LeadPages if you are looking for a visual composer to build awesome landing pages. Enough said.
10. Thrive Leads
Thrive Leads is the best LeadPages alternative in the market today — especially when you are finding for the best visual editor to build landing pages/opt in forms.
When it comes to drag and drop visual builder, Thrive Leads had came a long way. From a humble beginning called Hybrid Connect, Thrive Leads helps website owners to build visually attractive opt-in forms in just a few clicks.
What are the advantages using Thrive Leads?
- Easily design and deploy opt-in forms in a few clicks
- Advanced targeting option allows you to show the right opt in forms to the right visitors
- Ability to do split testing
- Actionable and detailed reporting / insights
- 10 different opt in forms types to choose from
- Over 200+ ready made templates to use (1-click)
- Doesn’t affect website loading (it’s really that fast)
- Easily integrate with hundreds of third party tools and email providers such as AWeber
How much is Thrive Leads?
Thrive Leads costs $67 for a single website and a year of support.
Overall, Thrive Leads is a great and simple visual composer to help you create beautiful opt-in forms within WordPress itself.
Which is the best visual composer for WordPress?
Among the 10 visual composers in WordPress, which is your favorite?