15+ Best Productivity Apps For Bloggers For 2020 | Reginald Chan
The Best of the Best Productivity Apps for Bloggers
The blogging world is a complicated one and bloggers are often lack of time. As most of us are bloggers as a side hustle, using productivity apps will help to make us more productive. So, what is the best productivity apps for bloggers?
In this article, we are going dive deep into the tools that I personally use to automate my blogging business.
Table of Contents
1. Google Keep
If you are searching for a quick note pad, Google Keep is an excellent choice. Advantages of using Google Keep are:
- Sync with your Google account
- Google Keep mobile app is super clean and lean
- Easily create notes and input different forms of media into notes
- Ability to create templates for repeated usage
- Google Keep is free to use, forever
You can start using Google Keep by signing into your Google account.
For those who wants more flexibility in note taking, you can't go wrong with Evernote. Some of the advantages using Evernote are:
- Save, organize, and sync typed text, audio recordings, reminders, images, images with handwriting, sketches, and content clipped from the web
- Clip material from the web
- Annotate uploaded documents and images
- Chat with teammates (requires Business account)
- Easy segment notes with different Notebooks and Tags
- Comes with free and paid version (that starts at $9 per month)
3. Click Up
Make no mistake. Click Up is the ultimate Evernote alternative. The advantages using Click Up are:
- All-in-one tool for Project Management, Agile Methodologies, and Budget Management
- Gantt Chart
- Kanban Tools
- Reminders and notification
- Free and paid plans available (that starts at $5 per month)
Click Up is one of the cheapest productivity apps for bloggers. At $5 per month, you literally get unlimited everything—from users to custom reporting tools.
The process to manage multiple WordPress websites is always a hassle. Updating WordPress core products, plugins, themes and managing spam comments could take hours to complete, especially when you have more than 5 websites.
With ManageWP, you can easily manage these websites with one simple dashboard and automate everything. Apart from that, you also get:
- 1-click admin access
- Add unlimited WordPress sites for free
- Team and client collaboration
- Backup and restore
- Clone and migrate sites
- Uptime monitoring
- Sucuri Security Check
- Performance check
- White lable
- Client reports
- SEO ranking and reports
- Comes with free and paid versions (at $1 per additional feature)
As a freelance web developer, you have absolutely no idea how much time ManageWP saves me monthly. The 1-click everything allows me to manage multiple websites without having to login to the wp-admin.
If you love kanban boards, you are going to love Trello. With Trello, you can drag and drop any content from one board to another. Here's a list on why Trello is a great tool for bloggers:
- Labeling, tags, and comments are great ways to organize content
- In-line editing
- Progress meter checklist
- Easy integration with DropBox, Google Drive and Box
- Comes with free and paid version (at $9.99 per user per month)
Freelance copywriters love Grammarly (including me). Grammarly is an awesome productivity app for bloggers that help you turn normal writing into professional ones.
Here are some features that Grammarly offer for all its customers:
- Misspelled words
- Comma splice
- Comma usage
- Repetitive words
- Plagiarism checker
- Tone of voice adjuster
- Integration with Microsoft, Google Docs and many others
At this point of time, Grammarly does not offer any free plan with pricing starts as low as $11.66 per month with unlimited usage.
Grammarly Premium is a perfect fit for those who always aim to reach the next level, whether they’re at work, at school, or in pursuit of other ventures.
Where do you store backups for your website, podcast and videos? The safest way is to have them stored in the cloud such as Dropbox. Dropbox is not your average file sharing app for bloggers. It provides Dropbox Business which is excellent for bloggers who need more firepower such as team collaboration and creating a centralized content platform your team (like for your virtual assistance and guest bloggers).
Here are some additional features that Dropbox offers:
- Access content in Dropbox anywhere in the world
- Automatic files backup
- Massive file sharing space
If you don't have a Dropbox account, you can use register for one for free and get 250MB free too! Get started right now and right here.
In the time where there are so much information and so less time, bloggers need to streamline their entire day work including getting the right information at the right time.
Feedly is an excellent RSS curator and tool to help bloggers get the most updated content under one roof. Instead of having to visit each blog and content, you can easily integrate RSS feed into Feedly and have them nicely arranged in a custom layout for your reading (or flipping in this case).
Here are some of the advantages using Feedly:
- Follow your favorite publications, blogs, YouTube channels and more in one place
- Organize content into collections
- Read content in a distraction-free mode
- Save content for later within the app or save to a read-it-later service
- Easily share stories on social media
- Discover new content based on your interests
The best part about Feedly? It is free to use and if by any chance you need more firepower and features, there is a premium plan (called Feedly Pro) that starts at $6 per month.
If This Then That (IFTTT) is a powerful productivity app for bloggers. IFTTT helps your apps and devices work together in new ways.
With this app, you can create triggers and actions which are carried out automatically. For example, you can set automatic tweeting of your new blog post once you hit the 'publish' button.
Some crazy things that IFTTT can do (involving or not involving bloggers) are:
- Automate everything (from turning on the lights to automatic posting photos
- Marketing integration
- Social media automation
- Connecting your Google Home or Alexa for advance voice assistance
You can get started for free here and there is IFTTT for business that comes with a small monthly commitment.
Zapier is a great alternative to IFTTT and this is my main app that I use to automate my blogging works. Here are some of the popular Zapier features:
- More than 1,500 apps to integrate with
- Easily build workflows in just a few clicks
- Best for bloggers, support team, and business owners
I integrate Zapier with Evernote and Google Docs for faster blogging works, idea generation and even brainstorming. Overall, Zapier is easy to use and definitely one of the top productivity apps for bloggers.
I am in love with MeetEdgar—like seriously.
This is my go-to social media automation app for all my blogging works. With MeetEdgar app, I can easily craft powerful social media content and schedule the content for automatic delivery ... forever.
That's exactly how I can post hundreds if not thousands of social media posts in a month on automation.
Is MeetEdgar right for you? It's best for me because:
- Auto-Variations features automatically finds quote-worthy text from articles or blogs
- Its Chrome extension automatically generate up to 5 pre-written social media posts directly from the article
- Easily create a custom category-based schedule like Blog Posts on Tuesdays and Cute Animals on Fridays
- Unlimited Content Library (yay!)
- Supports evergreen and time-sensitive content
What is your favorite productivity app for bloggers?
I hope you find this article useful. What is your favorite productivity app that you are using right now for blogging?
Tell me more on Facebook right now!
Young at heart and a deep passion for entrepreneurial success, Reginald is devoted to share everything he had learned about online marketing with the public. Follow him for more awesome postings.
Build An Email List (Faster)
Grow With Confidence